That’s what my new obsession is… My mittens. As I mentioned in Friday’s post, the pattern is Chrysanthemums, and boy is it a challenging pattern. The cuff was the most challenging… A picot edge, but done in such a strange way. It took me a good hour just to get the entire cuff done. Go have a look at the pattern if you don’t believe me.
The good news is, they’re looking great so far. The bad news is, I haven’t worked on anything else since last Thursday. Tonight I’m planning to do some work on my Dad’s Christmas socks, then a little on the mittens before I go to bed.
I’m completely and utterly in love with these mittens. Despite the fact I have to use spell check every time I try to write their name, they are wonderful. I’ve been dreaming of wearing them since I cast on, and I have unrealistic notions in my head about finishing them in time to wear this coming weekend.
My brain seems to have forgotten that I’m right in the middle of midterms.
I’ve been trying to knit with the two colours more efficiently. I haven’t done much colourwork, so I’ve been trying not to let go of each colour as I need the other. It’s been difficult… At first, I tried having one colour in each hand, but the one in my left always had uneven tension. I’ve now got a system worked out where I hold them both in my right hand, and then just use a different position on my finger for each strand.
It’s been a learning experience, and I’m sure it will be more of one before these mittens are done. I just hope my infatuation lasts to see them through!