So last night didn’t exactly go as planned… Why am I not surprised?
I worked pretty hard on the socks, and I’m in the middle of the toe decreases now. How frustrating is that? I just wanted to finish, but my eyes were closing. I had to forgo the knitting for sleep. Funny, its usually the other way around.
It was raining this morning, so I didn’t go riding when I woke up. I had extra time, so I actually managed to take some pictures of the knitting! Want to see?
Here they are. I know they look a little strange with the pink section, but a knitter has to do what a knitter has to do. They’re destined to be everyday socks, nothing particularly special, so I’m not too worried about their colour scheme (obviously, I used an awful lilac colour).
There they area again. The pink has some type of shine in it, which you can probably see better in the next photo. They don’t look too bad… I mean, I initially thought that I was going to have to switch to pink at the heel, so this is progress.
There we go. I can’t actually tell if that photo is going to work or not… It won’t appear here, and my typing appears a good 3-5 seconds after I press the button. So I’m sorry in advance for any errant spelling errors; I’m having computer issues.
The plan for tonight is to finish these bad boys off. Then I’ll just have the Zoomobile socks, and I may allow myself to start another project too, since I’ll have one off the needles.
What’s going on in the rest of my life, in a list.
1. There’s a new page at the top of the blog, called “The Trouble with Greys”. I had started another blog with this title, but I couldn’t keep up both blogs with interesting content and quality writing. So I took some of the posts from that blog and put them here. There’s lots of pictures; check it out.
2. Back when I wrote about my goals, I wrote that I wanted to successfully test for my Pony Club levels on July 2nd. That was on Monday, and I’m pleased to inform you that the goal is completed! I received a score of 91.5% (out of 100) on my riding test, and I couldn’t be more proud of my horse!
3. Speaking of said horse, I have contacted barns near my University to move her to in the fall… The place I want only has one stall left, so I’m freaking out a little bit. This means I have to decide fast! I’m excited but scared all at once; what if, what if, what if. That’s all that’s running through my head. So I have to make the two hour drive up there sometime in the next week, between work, in order to meet the barn manager. Fingers crossed that it all works out!
4. I have a wedding this weekend and I have no idea what to wear. Oh, crap. I also have to get someone to look after the horses. I swear I’m usually more organized than this!
5. I’ve been reading these books about food security and eating well, and I love it. I’m so grateful that I live on a farm, and either grow or know the farmers of most of my food.
6. I’ve been reading. Period. Hence the lack of knitting. But I have this list of over 225 books to read, so I’ve been slowly working on it. Plus you can’t work in a library without constantly pulling books off the shelves to read.
That’s all for now folks, hopefully now that I’ve gone back to one blog again I’ll be posting some better stuff. And more pictures of the socks, hopefully travelling a bit now that it’s officially summer!